Title: Solidworks CAD Design Engineer
Job Type: Full time permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Contact Person: Miss
Selina Thompson 0113 225 1547
Opportunity: This is a brand new opportunity that has been created due to expansion. Are you currently working as a Solidworks CAD Design Engineer? Have you taken customer designs through to manufacture? Do you have experience in the sheet metal industry? Looking for your next career move? If yes then this is the role for you.
Your role as a Solidworks CAD Design Engineer based in Chester will involve:
- Taking customer designs and creating engineering drawings for substation type enclosures and metal cabinets using Solidworks CAD.
- Creating flat patterns for the automated production processes using Amada systems.
- Updating existing drawings/producing drawings for customer orders and quotations using Solidworks CAD.
- Liaising with workshop floor to bring designs to manufacture.
- Complying with engineering codes and standards.
- Providing project design support to clients.
- Liaising with the shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production.
This is a full time permanent role with a great salary paying between £25,000 - £30,000 per annum and excellent benefits including Life insurance, Pension, and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays on top and much more.
Skills: To apply for the role of Solidworks CAD Design Engineer you will have:
- Minimum Mechanical HNC/HND qualification or similar.
- Experience in the sheet metal, metal fabrication and steel work sector and have a good understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of 2D drawings and working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Knowledge of Amada production software, utilities sector especially renewables or LPCB high security is desirable.