Title: Pharmacy Dispenser
Job Type: 12 months
Salary: The PAYE rate is £20.25 per hour
Contact Person: Miss Rashida Khan
Opportunity: Are you currently working towards completion or have already completed the Level 2 Dispensing Assistant Course (Pharmacy Service Skills NVQ Level 2)? Want to work for a global pharmaceutical manufacturing company? If yes then please read on.
Your role as a Pharmacy Dispenser based in Norfolk will involve supporting the Lead Pharmacist with the day-to-day activities in the Pharmacy and in line with Good Documentation Practice (GDP), Good Warehouse Practice (GWP), Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures and operating practices.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the inbox to ensure all emails received, including those with prescription and purchase order requests/amendments are actioned promptly.
- Performing checks of all prescriptions and purchase orders received, for accuracy in patient details, drug name, product code, product description, quantity required and delivery dates.
- Collating all the paperwork, recording relevant patient details on the dispensing checklist and recording sheet for the Pharmacist to review.
- Carrying out dispensing tasks for the Pharmacist in line with the pharmacy labelling process and resolving issues arising in the dispensing process in the warehouse. This includes picking of medical products, preparing cardboard boxes, wrapping pallets, and preparing reports.
- Conducting thorough (100%) checks on all ABIs (Antibiotics) for product code, product description, batch, expiry date and quantity required.
- Maintaining and filing prescriptions in customer patient folders in line with the pharmacy dispenser’s prescription filing process.
This is a 12 months contract role which will be reviewed for a possible extension or go permanent but everything is dependent on the individual and business performance.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 11.00 am to 7.00 pm but there is flexibility around the hours.
Skills: To apply for the Pharmacy Dispenser role you will have the following:
- Working towards completion or have already completed the Level 2 Dispensing Assistant Course (Pharmacy Service Skills NVQ Level 2).
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.