Title: IT Network Engineer
Job Type: 3 months contract
Salary: The hourly PAYE rate is £21.05
Contact Person: Miss Selina Thompson
Opportunity: Are you an IT Engineer with strong experience in managing and configuring VPNs, Firewalls and Antivirus? Do you have strong SQL Server or MySQL experience? Do you have Juniper or equivalent Firewall experience? Looking for your next contract role? If yes then this is the role for you.
Your role as an IT Network Engineer based working from home will involve installing ICNET products on a global basis as well as upgrading existing sites, supporting and troubleshooting the digital software products.
You will proactively monitor the health of customer’s servers and services and manage ICNET’s customer connectivity infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Establishing a secure connectivity channels to customer servers.
- Installing and configuring ICNET software applications and customer servers.
- Installing Rhapsody Integration Engine.
- Installation of SQL Server and/or MySQL.
- Performing upgrades of ICNET software products and associated support tools including database and integration engine.
- Installing and supporting demonstration systems.
- Managing the Mutiny networking monitoring infrastructure.
- N3 Firewall management and Site-to-Site Firewall management.
- Virtual Machine management.
- Investigating and resolving server related customer incidents.
- SQL Server and MySQL performance tuning and general troubleshooting.
- SMTP and SMS configuration.
- Connectivity issues – including VPN / Firewall / SNMP / RDP.
- Managing the migration of ICNET software between servers.
This is a an approx. 3 months contract which the client will review for a possible extension however everything is dependent on the individual and business performance. This is a role based working from home. The hourly PAYE rate is £21.05.
Skills: To apply for the IT Network Engineer role you will have:
- Juniper or equivalent Firewall certification or proven experience.
- MySQL and/or MS SQL Server management experience.
- ITIL Frameworks experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based server and desktop operating systems.
- Linux experience (Ubuntu being the preferred Linux distribution).
- Good knowledge of Active Directory.
- Good working knowledge of IIS and/or Apache.
- Strong understanding of hardware and networks.
- Management and configuration of VPNs, Firewalls and Antivirus.
- Administration and performance management of MySQL and/or SQL Server.