Title: Automation and Process Control Engineer
Job Type: 6 months contract
Salary: The hourly PAYE rate is £35.75 per hour
Contact Person: Miss Selina Thompson
Opportunity: Have you got hands on experience in troubleshooting and fault finding automated PLC and Microprocessor controlled manufacturing systems? Do you have any experience with HMI software, vision inspection, robotics, Servo Drives and electrical systems? Have you worked with Allen-Bradley systems including PLC5, SLC, RS Logix 5000, and the Factory Talk suite of products? Or have you worked with Siemens systems including TIA Portal, Step 7, and WinCC suite of products? Want to work for a global pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in Norfolk with excellent career development? If yes then this is the role for you.
Your role as an Automation and Process Control Engineer based in Norfolk will involve fault finding, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing a wide range of automated PLCs manufacturing equipment.
You will be hands on working on PLC and Microprocessor controlled systems as well as getting involved in continuous improvement, new capital and the re-engineering of existing systems projects. You will develop technical specifications around instrumentation and control.
This is a 6 months contract which the client will review for a possible extension however everything is dependent on the individual and business performance.
The hourly PAYE rate is £35.75.
This is a day based role working office hours with flexibility / 37.5 hours per week / 7.5 hours per day.
Skills: To apply for the role of Automation and Process Control Engineer you will have the following:
- Degree in electrical, electronic or control systems engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of carrying out the above within a pharmaceutical / scientific or a highly regulated manufacturing industry.
- Experience with data integrity.
- Display a solid understanding of PLCs, HMI software, vision inspection, robotics, Servo Drives and electrical systems.
- Technical proficiency in Allen-Bradley systems including PLC5, SLC, RS Logix 5000, and the Factory Talk suite of products.
- Technical proficiency in Siemens systems including TIA Portal, Step 7, and WinCC suite of products.
- Ability to fault find and perform root cause analysis for automated production equipment.
- Good understanding of software versioning and coding best practices.
- Display knowledge of automation networking (Ethernet TCP/IP, Profibus, FTP, OPC) and excellent computer skills.