Title: Pharmaceutical Process and Project Engineer
Job Type: 6 months contract
Salary: The PAYE rate is £35.75 per hour
Contact Person: Miss Selina Thompson
Opportunity: This is a brand new opportunity that has been created due to expansion. Are you currently working as a Senior Project and Process Engineer? Does your experience include the end to end process from weighing and mixing of raw materials through to packing and release of final product? Have you managed projects related to new PLC manufacturing machine installations? Want to work for global leaders? If yes then please read on.
Your role as a Process and Project Engineer based in Norfolk will involve managing the installation projects related to new PLC machine upgrades at the manufacturing site.
You will take ownership of the key measures from the start of the assignment, closely linked to finalising the URS and progress through the normal project life cycle model through to final handover to manufacturing at the end of Validation (PQ).
The PLCs are related to printing technologies, Form-Fill-Seal technologies, over pouching (thermoforming) technologies and packing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generating and interpreting data to support production processes.
- Managing functional projects in line with experience, knowledge and business needs.
- Guiding / designing and managing internal and external process improvement work packages (change control).
- Using scale-up and scale-down principles to ensure process robustness, reliability and meeting manufacturing requirements.
- Working on printing technologies, Form-Fill-Seal technologies, over pouching (thermoforming) technologies and packing processes.
- Using visual inspection systems (e.g. vision cameras, serialisation).
- Using robotic equipment such as loaders and RFID truck handling systems.
- Performing and managing risk assessments.
- Managing and influencing stakeholders.
This is a 6 months contract which the client will review for a possible extension however everything is dependent on the individual and business performance. The hourly PAYE rate is £35.75.
Skills: To apply for the Process and Project Engineer role you will have:
- Ideally have IV fluid bag process experience, printing technologies, Form-Fill-Seal technologies, over pouching (thermoforming) technologies or packing processes experience.
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, electronic, chemical, process, manufacturing or equivalent).
- Time served apprenticeship ( Engineering / manufacturing).
- ONC / HNC (ideally Engineering / manufacturing).
- Understanding and experience in using statistics for analysis, trending etc.
- Understanding and experience in using problem solving tools such as DMAIC, 5Why, Fishbone, A3 etc.
- Experience of performing basic maintenance activities and an understanding of mechanical, electrical and automation principles.