Title: Pharmaceutical Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
Job Type: 12 months contract
Salary: The PAYE rate is £32.94 per hour
Contact Person: Miss Selina Thompson
Opportunity: Are you currently working as an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist within the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry? Does your experience include OSHA and EPA regulations? Does your experience include EH&S compliance for all safety, hazardous material, hazardous and non-hazardous waste programs as well as industrial hygiene? If yes then this is the role for you.
Your role as an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist based in Norfolk will involve developing and implementing safety and environmental programs for the site as well as provide the employees with professional, technical problem solving and administrative coordination of safety and environmental programs, policies and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
This is a 12 months contract which the client will review for a possible extension or go permanent however everything is dependent on the individual and business performance. The hourly PAYE rate is £32.94.
- Leading the safety element of ongoing site projects which includes construction works performed by external contractors.
- Ensuring safety regulations of sites and regulatory bodies are adhered to throughout the construction works.
- Being the key point of contact for all safety and environmental parts of the works on site.
- Administering and coordinating compliance with all safety, hazardous material, hazardous and non-hazardous waste programs.
- Performing and/or assisting in industrial hygiene monitoring for the site to determine employee and environmental safety.
- Providing technical information on safety and environmental issues on new equipment, method of performing work, with equipment, and risk to employee health.
- Providing non-routine problem solving to engineering and research and development groups through participation in committees.
- Preparing and/or assisting with composing Regulatory & Agency, Corporate, and Divisional reports.
- Reviewing and updating all safety and environmental programs and procedures as needed.
Skills: To apply for the role of Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist you will have:
- Environmental, Health & Safety experience within a cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing or related scientific industry experience.
- EH&S experience related to OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Strong in Mathematics, Word and Excel.
- NEBOSH Qualification.